About Us/Hire our Crew
We offer assistance to owner-builders who are embarking on their own natural building adventure. You can hire our crew for projects big or small such as homes, cabins, garden sheds, fences, outhouses, cob-ovens, interior plasters or whatever your dream natural building project is. Please book us early for the season ahead! For more information please contact us at Mud.firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are also able to do retrofits or eco-renovations of existing conventional homes with, for example, materials like natural paints and plasters and alternative insulation such as straw or wool. This can be done at any time of year.
Another option is that the MudGirls can help facilitate a workparty at your home during which we will share the skills of natural building with your friends, family or community while working on your very own natural structure. You too can learn to build naturally!
Also, as a collective, the MudGirls organize our own workshops in which we share skills and facilitate the learning of natural building with our participants. We provide education and community outreach to help spread the natural building and sustainable living movement. We seek to inspire people to think about ancient or new and creative ways to change how we live on this earth. Our aim is to stop harming and start healing the earth and ourselves.
Even more about us….
Our Mission is to Empower ourselves and others through sharing skills and knowledge that promote healing and living in harmony with the Earth.
Our Guiding Principles
• We work with unprocessed natural and recycled materials to create beautiful and healthy structures that are earth friendly.
• We are a women’s collective and seek to empower ourselves with employment and the skills to build homes.
• We are a collective that is human friendly: recreating our concepts of work to prioritize respect and care for our hearts, our bodies and our children while we work together. We create a work environment that nurtures us.
• All our events are child and mother friendly with quality childcare always provided.
• We seek to do our business in a non-capitalist spirit. We keep the cost of natural building affordable by keeping our wages low, offering our workshop for barter, building for people with low-income as much as we can.
• We are structured non-hierarchically. Each member is equally valued and has equal say in decision making.
• We use the teachings of Non-Violent Communication to create a peaceful, mutually respectful and revolutionary harmonious group process.
• We work together to make this up as we go, nurturing a creative, inventive and courageous spirit in us all!